Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's not a Quilt

But; I made this!
I don't know where the idea came from but suddenly, I needed to make this.
 
 
I used my phone to take this pic; not the greatest quality. But it really is super cute.
It's scrap fabric used as matting around a page I pulled from a magazine.
The black frame isn't the best for it, but it's what I had around....whaddaya think? 

Am I on to something? Feel free to take this idea and run with it!

And I did do work on quilts yesterday, really I did!
 - I had to take apart the shiny block quilt and re-pin baste it, the backing fabric was caught on a pin and had folded wonky. 
- I also cut and pieced a million (or so it seemed) 9inch 9 patch squares for my adapted Hawaii Sunset quilt; and um, didn't do anything on the G&P Teenager's Quilt.


But the absolute BEST part of the day was finding a solid dark wood (not sure what kind) old entertainment unit that was PERFECT for all my winter sweaters and stuff. I was looking for vintage material at the BEST thrift store ever and found this Unit for THIRTY DOLLARS!!!!!!
It was a bit stressful getting it up the stairs but we did it!
Okay. Going back down to the Quilt Cave. Got some work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.