Saturday, June 24, 2017

Grateful for.....Strawberries!!

To me, there is nothing more beautiful than a perfectly ripe strawberry.


 

Growing up in SW Ontario, fresh strawberries always meant the start of summer.
That bright tangy smell always takes me back.

Gratuitous Strawberry Shot.

I remember hulling fresh strawberries with my Mom before she'd freeze them.
Sitting at the kitchen table, fingers stained red from their juices.
I probably ate more than I hulled.


So thankful that it's summertime again! Fresh, local, Ontario strawberries abound!
 
Here is a link to my Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie post from last summer...try it, deeeelishus!


Brampton Farmer's Market - Saturdays 7am til 1pm until October!
See you there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.