Thursday, September 7, 2017

Stress Baking

Anyone else do this?

It's so overwhelming....everything that's going on and it's sometimes SO negative.
It might not be happening in  your back yard; but for me , the thought that my many friend & family are being affected...well, the feeling of helplessness is pretty hard sometimes. 
 So... I stress bake. One of my favourite movies is "Julie & Julia" ...and there is a scene
where Julie is baking chocolate cream pie, and says to her husband:


“You know what I love about cooking? I love that after a day when nothing is sure and when I say nothing, I mean nothing. You can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. That’s such a comfort.“

Photo: NYtimes

YAS. This.

And I know that if I cream butter and sugar, add eggs, flour and chocolate chips, that I can share these cookies and make someones day better and say "yum."

My go-to comfort baking ??

Chocolate Chip Cookies. 

What could be better'n that??

oh.....I don't know....

TEN MINUTE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!

But wait, there's more?

TEN MINUTE SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
STUFFED WITH ROLOS!


Ohhhh yeah.

So... I love me my chocolate chip cookies. And I love caramel. And salt.

Combining them all = superterficiciouswonderfulyummmmm.
(that's a word.)

So I have two amazing women whose blogs I follow:


If you haven't seen these two ladies in action...just...wow. 
Go check them out now. 

I combined both their recipes, adjusted the cooking time..and...voila.
Here is my adaptation & tweaking of their recipes to create 



 Ten Minute Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip 
Cookies!






INGREDIENTS:

1 cup butter, cold, cut up into quarters

3/4 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla

2 large eggs, slightly beaten - beat by hand in small bowl 

3 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 Teaspoon of salt (reduce this to half tsp if you'd rather less salty)

1.5 cups Mini chocolate chips

1 pkg of MINI Rolos

Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling

 

DIRECTIONS:


Preheat oven to 375ºF. Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds, check and do again for another 10-15 seconds.. You don't want it completely liquid, more gooey and soft.

Use a spatula to stir in the sugars. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.

Combine dry ingredients together and stir into the butter and sugar mixture until dough forms.

Stir in chips.

Now, make a ball with approx 1.5 tbsp of dough. Place on baking sheet, and gently press 2 mini rolos into middle.

Do not push all the way to bottom! Just do about half way.

Make a 'lid' with a bit more dough and make sure edges are pinched closed.

Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, gently pressing into top.

Place each about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 9 minutes, they will look slightly underbaked.

When cooling, place another rolo in the middle of the cookie.


Let cool on the pan for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack.




2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of stress eating and chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Rolo's. I think we should get together and hang out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It's prolly not a bad idea we don't live close or we wouldn't fit through the door!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog addy so I can reciprocate! Have a wonderful day.